VESSEL HUSBANDRY AND PORT OPERATIONS
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Learn about the role of the agent, shore support and husbandry;
• Familiarize yourself with navigation in Canadian waters;
• Gain knowledge of port and terminal issues like loading, stowing and securing cargo;
• Understand the role of shipboard personnel and other service providers;
• Appreciate the importance of evolving operational issues like security and the environment.
Our approachhis course is taught by an industry professional who takes an integrative approach to learning that is collaborative, experiential and student-centered. Real-world examples are used to bring topics to life. Participation is one of your keys to success.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants an introduction to the world of shipping.
• Anyone who wants to start a career in shipping.
• Import/Export workers who want to broaden their understanding of shipping.
• Anyone fascinated by commercial marine transportation.
Important detailsThis course is given either in an in-class or an on-line format. Make sure to check the section. "OL" sections indicate an on-line course.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University