WRITING A NOVELLA
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Write a compelling summary and outline for your novella or novel;
• Plot your novella or novel using narrative arc;
• Create believable characters;
• Compose convincing dialogue;
• Use descriptive language in your writing;
• Format your writing for submission to publishers, agents, and/or editors;
• Critique your own and other students’ work within the context of in-class workshops;
• Manage and adhere to deadlines.
Our approachThis is a writing class, so you'll be doing a lot of it. You'll also learn through interactive workshops, exercises, group discussions, and assignments. Enthusiastic participation, peer evaluation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this course.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
• Anyone considering a career as a writer.
• Foreign students who want to improve their written English.
• Retirees or busy executives who want to try something new to balance out their lives.
• Anyone with a story to tell.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University