Concordia University

Conduct on campus

If you have been accused of breaking an academic rule, or if you feel that someone has treated you unfairly, there are several services – both formal and informal – at Concordia that will enable you to assert your rights or resolve a conflict. If you find yourself in a difficult situation, contact one of the offices below and they can help.

Consult a student advocate

If you ever face charges under the Academic Code of Conduct or the Code of Rights and Responsibilities, you have people who can help you. 

Student Advocacy Office

The Student Advocacy Office (SAO) has advocates who are specifically trained and experienced to help you through difficult situations. Our advocates help you through the entire process which includes meetings with associate deans, hearings, and appeals.

Student Union advocates

Both the Concordia Student Union and the Graduate Students Association provide student advocates who can help you. Contact their offices to set up an appointment. 

Resolve conflict informally at the Ombuds

If you feel you have been treated unfairly, or have a concern or complaint that needs to be addressed, contact the Concordia Ombuds' Office. Its staff assist in the informal resolution of concerns and complaints related to the application of university policies, rules and procedures. The office is:

  • Independent of all the administrative structures of the university
  • Confidential
  • Impartial
  • Accessible to all members of the university community

Standards of conduct on campus

If you have a problem related to someone’s behaviour on campus and you are not sure how to deal with it, the Office of Rights and Responsibilities can help you evaluate your options and make an informed choice of what steps to take. The office administers Concordia's Code of Rights and Responsibilities, which sets standards of conduct for all University students, faculty, and staff.

Back to top

© Concordia University