Ever wondered how to get started editing Wikipedia? Attend this hands-on workshop and learn all you’ll need to start contributing to Wikipedia.
Before you attend the Workshop, please create a user account by going to Wikipedia.org and clicking on "Create Account" in the top right corner.
In this workshop you will:
1. Master the basics of Wikipedia: how it works, what to do/not do
2. Try out editing in a sandbox: markup, adding images and how to use visual editing
3. Learn best practices for citing your sources
4. Find out ways to collaborate with other Wikipedians
5. Learn about choosing and editing articles: existing articles, stubs and how to create a new article