Royal Bank Distinguished Professorship in Marketing
The Royal Bank Distinguished Professorship in Marketing was established in 2000 by a generous donation of the Royal Bank of Canada. Its main objective is to provide the financial resources to allow the holder to intensify research and scholarly activities within the Department of Marketing and the John Molson School of Business. The holder is selected based on an outstanding record of scholarly activities and a national and international reputation.
The current activities of the Royal Bank Distinguished Professorship of Marketing
Royal Bank Distinguished Visiting Speakers
Visiting Speakers featured to date:
- Friday, October 18, 2013 – James McAlexander, PhD, Dean’s Professor of Excellence in Marketing in the College of Business at Oregon State University presents “Living and Leaving Brand Community”
- Oct. 29, 2012 - Dr. Marcelo Nepomuceno, Assistant professor at ESCP Europe presents "Anti-consumption: its antecedents and relationship with personal debt."
- Feb 23, 2011 - Dr. Leon Zurawicki Department of Management and Marketing, University of Massachusetts-Boston.
- June 2, 2010 - Dr. Laurie A. Babin, Abell Endowed Professor of Entrepreneurship, University of Louisiana Monroe
- Dec 4, 2009 - Dr. Judith Madil, Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
- Sep 26, 2008 - Maureen Morrin, Rutgers University
- Oct 24, 2007 - Dr. Gerald J. Gorn, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Sep 8, 2006 - Dr. Joe Hair, Kennesaw State University
- Apr 22, 2005 - Dr. Nicolas Papadopoulos, Carleton University
- Oct 1, 2004 - Dr. Thomas S. O'Connor, University of New Orleans
- Apr 16, 2004 - Dr. Charles Schaninger, University of Albany
- Sep 19, 2003 - Dr. George John, University of Minnesota
- Aug 8, 2003 - Dr. Ikuo Takahashi, Keio University
- Sep 13, 2002 - Dr. Sharon E. Beatty, University of Alabama
- Apr 12, 2002 - Dr. Barry J. Babin, University of Southern Mississippi
- Sep 7, 2001 - Dr. Jagdish N. Sheth, Emory University
- Apr 6, 2001 - Dr. Arch G. Woodside, Boston College
Royal Bank International Research Seminar
The thirteenth meeting of the Royal Bank International Research Seminar will take place at the John Molson School of Business in Montreal, on September 26-28, 2019. This seminar is sponsored by the Journal of Business Research. The main topic of this seminar is to explore the role of culture for interconnected consumers. The main objective of the seminar is to bring together international researchers from different disciplines interested in advancing knowledge on the role of culture in a rapidly changing world, where borders are losing their traditional protective function, markets are becoming more integrated and interconnected, but at the same time some cultural groups are reaffirming their identities.