Communications and Public Relations
You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can’t get them across, ideas go nowhere!
For more than 35 years the Communications and Public Relations department at the Centre for Continuing Education has offered a variety of courses to students who wanted to jumpstart a career in the field of communication. Our programs can pave the way toward careers in graphic design, creative writing, journalism, and public relations.
Each certificate program consists of 80 course hours which focus on specific areas within a field of study. The Diplomas consist of a combination of three certificate programs or 240 course hours covering a broader range within an field of study.
These non-credit courses are taught by industry professionals and are designed for individuals interested in acquiring the necessary career skills required to work in these specialized areas.
It’s time for you to make a statement!
Choose from our courses in all areas of communications and public relations...
Creation & Design
- Graphic Design
- Adobe InDesign I
- Digital Illustration I - Illustrator
- Web design 1 on the Mac
- Graphic Design II
- Adobe InDesign II
- Digital Illustration II - Illustrator
- Web design II on the Mac
- User interface design with Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign III: Digital Publications
- Digital Dimensions I & II - Photoshop
- Digital Dimensions III & IV - Photoshop
Or consider one of our full-time or part-time programs:
Full-time study programs
- Diploma in Graphic Applications in Desktop Publishing (3 months - Fall, Winter or Spring)
- Diploma in Public Relations (3 months - Fall or Spring)
Part-time study programs
- Diploma in Graphic Applications in Desktop Publishing
- Diploma in Journalism Techniques
- Diploma in Public Relations