The Concordia University Psychology Internship Programme (CUPIP) is dedicated to the provision of high quality training in the delivery of psychological services to students from the Clinical Psychology programme at Concordia University. CUPIP is accredited by the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA).
CUPIP is exclusively affiliated with the doctoral training programme in clinical psychology at Concordia University. As such, it is only open to students enrolled in the Ph.D. Programme in Psychology (Research and Clinical Training Option) at Concordia University. CUPIP can be completed either full-time (12 months), or half-time (24 months).
CUPIP is administered by
• Director of Practica and CUPIP (DPaC)
• Members of the Concordia Clinical Faculty
• Intern representative
• McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) Rotation Group Directors, in conjunction with the MUHC Training Directors/Co-ordinators
CUPIP training facilities include
• Glen Site (includes Montréal Children's Hospital, Psychosocial Oncology Unit)
• Allan Memorial Institute
• Montreal General Hospital (includes Alan Edwards Pain Management Unit)
• Montreal Neurological Institute
CUPIP rotation groups include
• Montreal Children’s Hospital rotation group, which provides specialized tertiary-care, pediatric health care, and allied health services to children and adolescents and their families. The four rotations include: Pediatric Psychology, Mental Health, Preschool Pediatric Psychology, and Neuropsychology. This is located at the Glen Site.
• Adult Psychology Rotation Group, which provides services to adult inpatients and outpatients in psychology, psychiatry, and other medical and surgical services. The three rotations include: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Service (CBTS), Neuropsychology, and Sex and Couple Therapy Service. This is located at the Glen Site, Allan Memorial Institute, and Montreal General Hospital.
• Alan Edwards Pain Management Unit Rotation Group, which provides inpatient and outpatient services to adults with chronic pain. This is located at the Montreal General Hospital.
• Montreal Neurological Institute Rotation Group, which provides inpatient and outpatient services for epilepsy and elective surgery, movement disorder, and general neurological populations. Training is primarily in neuropsychological assessments. This is located at the Montreal Neurological Institute.
• Psychosocial Oncology Rotation Group, which provides psychological support to adults who are coping with cancer across different disease trajectories (i.e., diagnosis, survivorship, illness-recurrence, palliative), as well as their family members. This is located at the Glen Site.