The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry invites applications for an extended-term appointment to teach physical, analytical chemistry at the introductory level as well as entry-level general chemistry. Applicants should have a PhD in chemistry or a related field with formal teaching experience at the University level and a strong commitment to undergraduate education. Experience in teaching environmental chemistry and/or interdisciplinary approaches to teaching general chemistry will be an asset.
You can also check the openings in the Faculty of Arts and Science or the staff positions from the university.
Laboratory Stock Keeper
The Laboratory Stock Keeper position provides students from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry with the opportunity to gain working experience while studying. Every term the Department offers students approximately 40 Stock Keeper positions. The Stock Keeper will be assisting the lab technicians maintain glassware, equipment and help with daily teaching labs operations.
Applicants are required to:
- Be a current Concordia student with a minimum of four completed chemistry laboratory courses or comparable work/study experience
- Have a minimum of 3.00 GPA
- Have completed the following safety training courses:
o Hazardous Waste Disposal
o WHMIS 1988 for Lab Personnel
o WHMIS 2015
How to apply:
Email the following documents to email@example.com:
- application form
- unofficial transcript
- a copy of your course schedule
Candidates will be required to sign a contract upon hiring and bring a void check.
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled.
Post-doctorate and graduate student positions
- Postdoctoral position in theoretical/computational chemistry
- Joint France-Quebec study: graduate assistantship in theoretical and experimental physical chemistry
- Graduate assistantships in theoretical/computational chemistry