The Imaging Suite is exclusively dedicated to human research helping to better understand normal physiology and anatomy as well as for the pathophysiology of disease processes.
The Imaging Suite includes:
- 3-tesla MRI configured for functional assessments and musculoskeletal, cardiac, neurological imaging as well as spectroscopy;
- PET-CT scanner for molecular imaging which employs a high-end 64-slice CT appropriate for multiple research protocols;
- SPECT-CT scanner with a dual-head camera including a 16-slice CT for cardiopulmonary studies, oncology and MSK imaging;
- DXA scanner with the capacity to examine whole body composition as well as bone densitometry;
- Ultrasound units that perform musculoskeletal and cardiac imaging, cardiac echo, flow mediated dilatation, and carotid intimal thickness.