Awards & Job Opportunities
The Media-Health/Game-Clinic laboratory has several opportunities for INDI graduate students or research assistants to work with Dr Najmeh Khalili-Mahani on an interdisciplinary FRQ-AUDACE funded R&D project: "Play the Pain -- A Ludic Informatic Platform for Healing by Creativity".
The Media Health lab is located at the PERFORM Centre and is affiliated with the TAG Centre in the Milieux Institute for Arts, Science and Technology. You will have access to the resources of these centres, and will have the opportunity to network across health-humanities, health-technology, and arts-technology disciplines.
To be considred, previous experience related to any of the following fields is required:
- Software engineering -- Mobile app development, web-based enterprise application, with proficientcy in ASP.NET and Unity.
- Design -- UI/UX design, Games, Graphic design, mobile/Web applications
- Media and communication studies -- Social Networks, Digital Humanities
- Medicine and Neuropsychology -- Chronic illness, Pain, Anxiety disorders
- Marketing -- E-marketing, cross-cultural communications
General requirements include:
- The ability to learn and work independently but within a team
- Enthusiasm for research and knowledge translation across disciplines
- Ability to communicate proficiently and professionally
- Attention to deadlines, details and documentation
Candidates will be hired on Part-time and project-based (maximum 20 hrs/week) contracts (according to TRAC-agreement), will have at least two advisors from different faculties, and will be able to work flexible hours.
Application package must include:
- Statement of Interest
- Examples of previous work (artist portfolio, Github repositories, personal blogs or websites, published articles)
- Short-listed applicants may be asked to provide two references.
Please submit your questions or application package via email to Dr Mahani, at firstname.lastname@example.org.