Introductory Organic Chemistry II CHEM 222
In your lab, you measured the density of an unknown compound. To find a list of compounds that may have that density:
- Go to: Knovel Critical Tables.
- Click on the the "table" link next to the entry "Basic Physical Properties of Chemical Compounds".
- In the new window, a listing of property information for thousands of compounds will appear.
- Click twice on the column heading for "density" to sort the table by highest to lowest density.
- Scroll through the pages of the table (use the numbers at the top right hand corner of table) to find compounds that have the density you are looking for.
Watch a video explaining how to do this.