Inter-Level Educational Table (ILET)
In 2017, QUESCREN created the Inter-Level Educational Table (ILET), which brings together representatives of Quebec’s English-language educational institutions and associations, along with community groups and the public sector. It aims to stimulate community vitality through the education sector. We support its activities, listed below.
Research Action Plan
ILET promotes research on Quebec’s English-speaking communities through its active support for QUESCREN’s development of: a major research grant (SSHRC Partnership), biennial community-building forums, an online researcher directory, and other research-related activities.
Educational Action Plan
To enhance Quebec’s English-speaking community vitality, ILET supports activities promoting the continuum of Quebec’s English-language educational offer and the collaboration of English-language educational institutions.
Community Forum: Minority Community Vitality through Education
ILET’s first biennial community-building forum took place in October 2018 at Concordia University under the theme “Minority Community Vitality through Education.” This three-day event focused on the development of research teams around concrete projects, proposed strategies for improving the continuum of educational offer, and increased the synergy of educational networks around English-language community vitality in Quebec. Click here for the program.
In addition to QUESCREN staff, ILET meetings bring together the following participants:
- Alix Adrien, President, Quebec Board of Black Educators (QBBE), and Principal, LaSalle Elementary School, Junior Campus
- Marie-Josée Berger, Full Professor, Faculty of Education, Bishop's University
- Richard Bourhis, Professor Emeritus, Department of Psychology, Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM)
- Martin Durand, Research Manager, Official Languages Branch, Policy and Research Directorate, Canadian Heritage (PCH)
- Cindy Finn, Past President, Leadership Committee for English Education in Quebec (LCEEQ)
- Linton Garner, President, Quebec Federation of Home and School Associations (QFHSA)
- Debie Germann, Vice-President, English Parents’ Committee Association (EPCA)
- Cheryl Gosselin, Professor, Sociology & Women's Studies, Bishop's University; Director, Eastern Townships Resource Centre (ETRC)
- Kimberley Hamilton, Director of Communications and Special Projects, Quebec English School Boards Association (QESBA)
- Debbie Horrocks, Director, Provincial Resource Team - CLC Network, Leading English Education and Resource Network (LEARN)
- Margo Legault, Executive Director, Literacy Quebec
- Brian Lewis, Professor, Department of Communications Studies, and Co-Director, QUESCREN, Concordia University
- Émilie Martel, Senior Lead, CEGEP Partnerships, Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic Affairs, Concordia University
- Sylvia Martin-Laforge, Director General, Quebec Community Groups Network (QCGN)
- John McMahon, Director General, Vanier College
- Dominique Michaud, Director, Research Development, Office of Research, Concordia University
- Grant Myers, CEDEC/Labour Market Information Network
- Erich Schmedt, Special advisor, John Abbott College
- Richard Schmid, Professor and Chair, Department of Education; member of the Centre for the Study of Learning and Performance (CSLP), Concordia University
- Lynn Travers, Secretary, Advisory Board on English Education (ABEE), Ministère de l’Education, de l'Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche (MEES)
- Paul Zanazanian, Associate Professor, Department of Integrated Studies in Education, McGill University
- Observer: Lisa Storozuk, Liaison Officer, Ministère du Conseil Exécutif, Secrétariat aux relations avec les Québécois d’expression anglaise
- Observer: Lise Langlois, Direction des services à la communauté Anglophone, Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur
To learn more about the Inter-level Educational Table (ILET), please contact Lorraine.ODonnell@concordia.ca.