(514) 848-2424, ext. 5578
Nominate an individual
For this award, you can nominate a current student, staff or faculty member who is presently involved as a volunteer for the benefit of the external community.
- Students must be registered for at least one class during the Winter 2021 semester
- Nominees must be currently volunteering in at least one organization
- Volunteering is defined as working for a non-profit organization without compensation. Students cannot be receiving class credit. Staff and faculty volunteering must take place outside of work hours.
- The external community is defined as any community that extends outside the University community. It is possible to volunteer with on-campus organizations while supporting causes of interest to the external community (for example: protecting the environment, fighting poverty, etc.).
- The nominee has engaged in volunteer activities which have a positive impact on causes reaching beyond the University community
- Number of organizations the nominee has been involved in and/or length of involvement
- Impact of the nominee’s volunteer involvement on the external community
Guidelines for Nominations
The Award committee’s first focus is on the nominee’s current involvements. We also take into account the nominee’s history of volunteering over time. With this in mind, we encourage you to consult with the nominee prior to fill out our nomination form, in order to obtain relevant information about their current and past volunteer roles.
Nomination letter: Your nomination letter should not exceed 2 pages in length. It should elaborate the reasons why you believe the nominee is an outstanding volunteer. Provide concrete examples that illustrate the extent of the nominee’s involvement as well as his/her impact on the community.
Letter of support: If you are not the person to whom the nominee reports in his/her role as a volunteer, contact one of his/her volunteer supervisors to ask them to provide a letter of support.
Note: It is not possible to receive both a Concordia Volunteer Award and a CCSL Outstanding Contribution Award in the same year.
To submit a nomination
Send your nomination and support letter to email@example.com
The nomination deadline for the 2021 Volunteer Awards is March 8, 2021.
Don't hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your support in recognizing outstanding Concordians!
*Nominations are also currently being accepted for these other awards: