(514) 848-2424, ext. 5578
About the group award
For this award, you can nominate a group of Concordians who have worked together on a time-bound project on a volunteer basis and have had a demonstrated impact on a cause of interest beyond the academic community.
- The majority of group members must be current Concordia student, staff and/or faculty members
- Volunteers are considered members of a group if they have worked jointly on a specific, time-bound project.
- This award is not intended to recognize entire organizations but rather groups of volunteers who go over and above in helping organizations achieve a goal by assuming leadership of a project, or who otherwise make an important contribution to a cause.
- All group members must be volunteers. Volunteering is defined as working for a non-profit organization without compensation. Students cannot be receiving class credit. Staff and faculty volunteering must take place outside of work hours.
- Evidence of impact on cause/organization must be provided.
- The external community is defined as extending outside the University community. While the group's work may have taken place on or off campus, nominators must make a clear demonstration of how its members supported a cause that reaches beyond the interests of the group members, their peers and the academic community.
- The group members’ demonstrated initiative and leadership
- The extent of the group members' volunteer engagement
- The demonstrated impact of the project on the external community beyond the academic community
Nominate a group
Please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline:
- A letter (max 2 pages) describing the project undertaken by the group (its duration, content, objectives and impacts)
- The names, contact info and status of each group member (student, staff, faculty, alumni or member of the community at large)
- Supporting documentation
The nomination deadline for the 2021 Awards is March 8, 2021.
Thank you for your support in recognizing outstanding Concordians!