Skip to main content


Fee payment deadlines

Due to the significant impact of COVID-19 on the financial situation of many students, we have postponed the normal fee payment deadlines. 

  • Fall term 2020 fees: due starting November 1. Final deadline to pay without penalty: November 30.
  • Winter term 2021 fees: due starting March 1. Final deadline to pay without penalty: March 31.

Pay on time to avoid interest and late-payment fees.

Concordia does not accept cash for tuition payment. But you have numerous other options, including through your bank online or in person.

Fee exemptions

Anyone who is not a resident of Quebec pays an additional fee per credit. This fee is collected by Quebec universities on behalf of the province’s Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur. If you’re a resident of Quebec, it’s a good idea to make sure Concordia is aware of your residency status before the fee payment deadline to avoid being charged the non-resident rate. Even Cegep students need to verify we have properly recorded their residency status.

Obtaining Quebec residency status

In certain situations, non-residents of Quebec may be eligible for the Quebec tuition rate.  If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, and you meet the Ministère de l’Éducation criteria, you can apply for status as a resident of Quebec through My Student Centre. Go to “Personal Information” and select “Quebec Residency Application.”

International students

Quebec’s Ministère de l’Éducation allows some international students to pay the Canadian tuition rate. Refugees, and diplomats and their dependents may qualify.

French language courses

Out-of-province Canadian citizens or permanent residents who are full-time undergraduate students may be allowed to pay the provincial rate for French language and literature courses. International students may also qualify.
French study fee exemptions

Permanent code

Under the Ministère de l’Éducation, each student has a “permanent code” to identify them within the Quebec education system. You will pay more tuition unless you provide Concordia with yours. Simply fill out the "permanent code" form in My Student Centre under “Student Services.” If you don’t have a permanent code, Concordia will issue you one directly after you complete the form.

Student loans

Every government financial aid program has its own procedures for disbursing funds. If your program requires you to pick up or drop off documents, or get your loan documents certified, you can do that at the Financial Aid and Awards Office. Make sure you bring your student ID. Find out more on My Student Centre. Choose Financial > Financial Aid and Awards > Loan and Bursary.

Back to top Back to top

© Concordia University