Mitacs is a national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 15 years. Working with 60 universities, thousands of companies, and both federal and provincial governments, we build partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
The Mitacs Step program provides business-ready skills to up and coming researchers. Step trains graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in essential interpersonal, project management and entrepreneurial skills required for them to succeed in their future career.
Mitacs offers additional online and off-campus workshops for free to Concordia graduate students. These workshops include:
- Build Your Scientific and Technical Writing Skills
- Business Writing for Today's Professional
- Career Professionalism
- Communicating Your Research (online)
- Cross-Cultural Team Communications (online)
- Discovering the Entrepreneur Within
- Essentials of Productive Teams
- Foundations of Project Management I
- Foundations of Project Management II
- Managing Project Timelines (online)
- Networking Skills
- Practical Tips for Growing Your Network (online)
- Practice Your Presentation Skills I
- Practice Your Presentation Skills II
- Skills of Communication
- Time Management
- Time Management (online)
- Writing Effective Emails (online)
- Writing Strategic Business Reports (online)
For further details visit: https://step.mitacs.ca/.