Concordia International Scholars
Every year Concordia University welcomes exceptional international students from all over the world to study, research and innovate at our thriving institution.
On this page:
About the scholarship
The Concordia International Scholars is an undergraduate award that aims to acknowledge students who demonstrate academic excellence, in combination with resilience and ability to overcome personal hardship. Each year, two renewable scholarships, covering tuition and fees will be awarded to candidates from any faculty.
This scholarship will cover tuition and fees.
You must apply for admission prior to applying for this scholarship.
You are eligible for the Concordia International Scholars award if you meet the following requirements:
- Are applying for your first undergraduate degree (have no prior university credits).
- Will be studying full-time in a degree program.*
- Are an international student that will be paying full international student rates.
- Will be starting studies at Concordia University in Fall 2023.
- Have applied for admission, paid application fee and obtained a Concordia student ID number (an 8-digit number, beginning with the number 4).
* As defined by Concordia University’s Undergraduate Calendar
How to apply
*Disclaimer: Students are encouraged to apply for this scholarship early as the scholarship is very competitive. The University reserves the right to close the program if the applications received exceed the program’s capacity.
Important: After uploading your application package, in order to make sure that your application has been received, you must inform us of your application by sending an email to email@example.com. Please put your student ID number followed by “International Scholars Award Application” in the subject of your email.
In order to apply, applicants must complete the application package and upload it to your student portal. The package must be a single PDF file including the following:
- The Student Application Form
- Your current curriculum vitae that outlines all work, volunteer experience, accolades, cultural, and other accomplishments.
- A 750 word limit personal statement where you express how you have shown resilience and overcome personal hardship while maintaining an outstanding academic performance.
- File name: LastName_FirstName_StudentID# (Example: Doe_John_12345678)
1. Sign in to your Student Center.
2. Select Upload Document.
3. Select International Scholars from the Select Document Type dropdown menu.
4. Enter “International Scholars” in the Custom Description box.
5. Attach your application package (single PDF document).
6. Click “+ Add.”
Important: After uploading your application package, you must inform us of your application by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your student ID number followed by “International Scholars Award Application” in the subject of your email.
Application due date
Applications will open on January 16, 2023 and close on February 17, 2023.
If you miss the deadline, you can still provide us with your application. It will be added to an alternate list and if a spot becomes available, the application will be reviewed.
Once your package has been received, you will receive a confirmation of receipt by the Financial Aid and Awards Office. Your application package will then be presented to Concordia’s Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards Committee for review. The committee’s decisions will be communicated to you via email mid-may 2023. Students who were not selected for the scholarship will be contacted and provided with other resources that they may explore.