Stratford Theatre Festival
Summer 2020 program
Go behind the scenes with staff and artists at North America’s largest classical repertory theatre festival.
Spend a week in North America’s largest classical repertory theatre festival – the Stratford Festival Theatre. You will go behind the scenes and discover how shows are created, see set change overs, visit their vast costume warehouse, and tour their archives. You will also have the chance to engage in informal Q&A with artists and staff, attend talks with visiting artists and theatre critics, attend performance-related workshops, and see many, many plays. The class begins in Montreal, travels to Stratford Ontario for seven days then returns to Montreal for final individual research presentations.
DATE: June 29, 2020 to August 10, 2020
- Pre-program: June 29, 2020 and July 13, 2020 in Montreal (GM Building 530)
- Stratford: July 14, 2020 to July 22, 2020 in Stratford Ontario
- Post-Program: August 10, 2020 in Montreal (GM Building 530)
This program is offered to undergraduate, graduate level students. The undergraduate course is DFTT 498: Special Topics in Design for the Theater: Conception-Stratford
Estimated cost & bursary
Program fee = $775 CAD
The program fee includes;
Concordia tuition = 3 credits Concordia tuition
- For an estimate of the tuition fee please use the tuition fee calculator.
- Master level students will pay the same tuition charged per semester in program.
- Selecting and paying their transportation to/from Stratford, Ontario.
- Mandatory health and travel insurance
- Spending money
- Ticket fare for theatre performances and other activities taht students may choose to attend
Field school bursary = $375 CAD
To offset costs of the program, Concordia International is offering the above-mentioned mobility bursary to Concordia students admitted to the program and who meet one of the 3 following qualifications;
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, have a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA and have completed at least 24 credits.
- Be enrolled in a Master’s degree program, have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and have completed at least 9 credits toward your current degree program by the departure date.
Note: Please note that the above mentioned bursary cannot be combined with any other in-house mobility scholarship, mobility bursary or mobility award. Other field school funding opportunities are available to Fine Arts students. Please contact the Academic Facilitator, Fine Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org for all inquires.
How to apply
STEP 1: Attend the Information Session
Attend an information session at Concordia International (X-103, Annex X, 2080 Mackay):
February 13, 2020 from 12:30PM to 1:30PM
March 3, 2020 from 12:30PM to 1:30PM
STEP 2: Submit Summer Field School Application
Deadline: March 15, 2020
A completed field school application includes:
- Copy of passport information page (to be uploaded to online application form)
- A copy of your most recent transcript (whether from Concordia or another institution).
- A letter of intent of 500-750 words describing why you wish to participate in the Field School and the kind of work and learning you hope to accomplish during the course. You should also make mention of what contributions you think you will bring to the group based on your intentions, strengths and experience.
- One Academic Reference sent to Concordia International (instructions on form).
STEP 3: Receive Acceptance e-mail
- Final admissions decisions will be made by the program monitor, Senior Lecturer, Raymond-Marius Boucher.
- If your application is successful, Maral Abajian, Coordinator of Field Schools, will send you a nomination e-mail by March 30, 2020.
STEP 4: Pay your Field School Deposit
Deposit Deadline: April 15, 2020
- Admitted students must make a $500 deposit on their Concordia student account towards costs to hold their position in the field school. If a student withdraws from the program, the $500 deposit will be credited to their student account and applied against their future tuition.
STEP 5: Attend Two Mandatory Pre-Departure Sessions
April 30, 2020 from 1:00pm to 2:00 pm
May 14, 2020 from 1:00pm to 2:00 pm
The sessions are held at Concordia International Office 2080 Mackay Street, Annex X
- All information on this website is subject to change without notice.
- The program is subject to cancellation at any time and for any reason.