Summer program 2020
This is your chance to attend and participate in one of the leading conferences on electronic arts in the world - the International Symposium of Electronic Arts (ISEA2020), being held again in Montreal following a 25-year absence.
You will develop a research-creation project connected to the symposium and maintain a journal throughout the course, recording your reflections on in-class discussions and the ISEA2020 activities. Be ready to spend each day in activities, focusing on themes evoked by the programming. You can choose from a large selection of lectures, forums, workshops, and keynotes presentations at the ISEA. You will engage with theoretical and practical ideas in the electronic and contemporary art world and see national and international media and electronic arts creators, meet the artists and discover their research and artistic processes. This field school will help you hone your vision as both creator and audience-member. You will develop tools to observe and critically reflect on a diversity of fields around art-science, electronic/media arts, art and technology, fine arts, music and sound art, trans-disciplinarity, and more.
Dr. Ricardo Dal Farra, Professor of electronic arts and new music in the Department of Music, will lead this intense academic experience.
Dates: May 15 - 25, 2020
- This program is offered to undergraduate, Masters and PhD level students. The respective courses are;
- MUSI 398 ISEA2020 - International Symposium on Electronic Arts @ Montreal (3 Credits)
- ASEM 620 ISEA2020 - International Symposium on Electronic Arts @ Montreal (3 Credits)
Note: This program is open to students from other universities, but priority will be given to eligible Conocrdia students.
Program fee = $170 CAD
The program fee includes includes;
- Entry fee for ISEA Symposium
- Workshops, forums, lectures
- Keynote speakers
- Guest lecturers
Concordia tuition = 3 credits Concordia tuition
- For an estimate of the tuition fee please use the tuition fee calculator.
- Master and Ph.D level students will pay the same tuition charged per semster in program once you have confirmed your participation.
How to apply
Attend an information session on Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 4:00 pm at Concordia International Office.
Step 1: Submit Summer Field School Application
Deadline: March 15, 2020
A Complete field school application includes:
- Copy of passport information page (to be uploaded to online application form)
- A copy of your most recent transcript (whether from Concordia or another institution).
- A letter of intent of 500-750 words describing why you wish to participate in ISEA International Symposium and the kind of work you hope to accomplish while there.
Step 2: Receive Acceptance e-mail
- Final admissions decisions will be made by the program monitor, Dr. Ricardo Dal Farra.
- If your application is successful, Maral Abajian, Coordinator of Field Schools, will send you a nomination e-mail by March 30, 2020.
Step 3: Pay your Field School Deposit
Deposit Deadline: April 15, 2020
- Admitted students must make a $500 deposit on their Concordia student account towards costs to hold their position in the field school. If a student withdraws from the program, the $500 deposit will be credited to their student account and applied against their future tuition.
- Concordia International will purchase your ISEA International Symposium ticket for you.
- All information on this website is subject to change without notice.
- The program is subject to cancellation at any time and for any reason.