Concordia University

Studying in Québec

The government of Quebec requires specific documentation from every student who studies in Quebec. You can submit these documents at Birks.

Birks is also the place to come if you have questions about any of the issues below:

Permanent Code

Proving citizenship and legal status

As per the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES), Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and international students must all provide documentation to prove their legal status in Canada. 

Documents to prove legal status in Canada
  • Province of Quebec: Quebec birth certificate issued by the Quebec Directeur de l'état civil
    (see Concordia’s description for Quebec Residency Guidelines
  • Canadian citizen born in Canada: Copy of your birth certificate (if born outside Quebec)
  • Canadian citizen born outside of Canada: Copy of both sides of your Canadian citizenship certificate
  • Permanent Resident of Canada: Copy of both sides of your Canadian permanent resident card or immigration form IMM–5292/5688
  • International student: Various documents may be required. Please visit the link below for more information:

Proving Québec resident status

International fee exemptions

Back to top

© Concordia University