Studying in Québec
The government of Quebec requires specific documentation from every student who studies in Quebec. You can submit these documents at Birks.
Birks is also the place to come if you have questions about any of the issues below:
- Everyone needs a permanent code to study in Quebec. You already have one if you previously attended school in Quebec. If you're new to Quebec, find out how to obtain your permanent code.
Proving citizenship and legal status
As per the Ministère de l’enseignement superieure, de la recherche, de la science et de la technologie, Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and international students must all provide documentation to prove their legal status in Canada.
Documents to prove legal status in Canada
- Canadian citizen born in Canada: Copy of your birth certificate
- Canadian citizen born outside of Canada: Copy of both sides of your Canadian citizenship certificate
- Permanent Resident of Canada: Copy of both sides of your Canadian permanent resident card or immigration form IMM-1000, IMM–5292 or IMM-5688
- International student: Various documents may be required. Please visit the link below for more information:
Proving Québec resident status
- To qualify for Quebec tuition rates, students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada must also prove their Quebec residency status. Find out if you're eligible to pay Quebec resident tuition.
International fee exemptions
- Some international students may also qualify for the Quebec tuition rate. Find out if you're eligible for the International Fee Exemption.