Step 3 - Initial thesis submission
In order to do your initial submission, please follow the steps outlined below:
- You submit an electronic copy of your thesis to your Graduate Program Assistant for distribution to the examination committee by the deadlines indicated below. Please check with your department, they may have different regulations.
- Paper copies are no longer required.
- The defence is commonly scheduled within 2 to 5 weeks from your initial submission of your thesis.
- Apply to graduate through your Student Centre. (The link to apply for graduation can also be found on the Student Hub's My CU Account page.)
- The only submission that the Thesis Office reviews is your finalized thesis to Spectrum. Deposit of a thesis in Spectrum entails agreement to the terms of the Thesis Non-Exclusive Licence. Further information on this topic can be found at the Copyright Guide for Thesis preparation.
|Initial Thesis Submission: March 4||Initial Thesis Submission: August 4|
Extension of the thesis deadline
If you need an extension of the thesis deadline, a formal request must be made to the Thesis Office with the approval of your supervisor or Graduate Program Director one week before the actual deadline date. You must submit this request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org