Research program title
Millimeter-wave reconfigurable antennas for wireless communication and imaging Systems
- To design novel high gain mm-wave antennas
- To generate vibrant new designs for compact mm-wave active frequency selective surface (FSS) structures
- To develop reconfigurable antennas with beam scanning using active FSS structures.
- To perform prototyping and various experimental setups to validate proposed FSS based reconfigurable antennas.
- System integration and applications
- Work closely with our graduate students
- Knowledge and dissemination through publication in peer-reviewed journals
Academic qualifications required
- PhD in electrical engineering or related fields with recent experience in antenna design, theory, system and testing.
- Experience designing antenna elements and arrays in the mm-wave and microwave frequencies.
- Experienced with antenna design tools such as CST, HFSS and ADS.
- Knowledge of beamforming techniques.
- Knowledge of related substrate materials and fabrication processes.
- Hands on experience using microwave measurement equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.