Research program title
The neurocognitive bases of semantic and pragmatic composition
We are seeking a postdoctoral fellow to work on projects investigating the comprehension of sentences that are either indeterminate or are deemed figurative, and thus require contextual enrichment. The projects employ diverse behavioural and neuro-imaging techniques as well as computational modelling.
Ideally the candidate will have theoretical background in cognitive science with emphasis on semantics/pragmatics and with experimental work in brain-imaging (fMRI, ERP) techniques.
Experience with computational modelling involving Recurrent and/or Convolutional Neural Networks (RNN, CNN) are preferred. Other resources (e.g., clinical populations, MEG) are also available at Concordia or other institutions in the Montreal area.
Academic qualifications required
PhD in Psychology, Neuroscience, or other Cognitive Science related field.
Applications will be reviewed starting September 1, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled; starting date is flexible, preferably in the Fall of 2021; however, following the fellowship rules, the Postdoctoral Fellow must start their appointment by August 31, 2022.
- All documents must be submitted to Roberto G. de Almeida
- Please include the reference number with your application
- One to three (1-3) page research statement demonstrating fit with the program described above
- Current curriculum vitae demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for leadership in the domain (maximum 5 pages)
- Two letters of reference from academic supervisors or current employers to be sent via e-mail directly to: Roberto G. de Almeida