Skip to main content



Pay tuition

Tuition and fee payments

Graduate program fees at Concordia are almost as varied as our program options – read the tuition and fees web page carefully and direct your questions to the Student Accounts office.

Payment options

The easiest way is online by Interac. Valid if you bank with Scotiabank, Bank of Montreal, the Royal Bank or TD Canada Trust. Go to “My Student Centre ” and under "Finances," select “Make a Payment.” 

Anyone who banks with a Canadian chartered bank can pay tuition by telephone banking, online banking or at an ATM. Your eight-digit student ID number is your Concordia account number.

In person at the Birks Student Service Centre: pay with personal or certified cheque, money order, bank draft or debit card. Not available at this time.

MasterCard: You will be charged a 1.75 per cent non-refundable convenience fee by Moneris Solutions Corporation. We recommend you consider other forms of payment that don’t involve interest charges and convenience fees. 

Concordia does not accept cash for tuition payment.

Check for possible fee exemptions

Anyone who is not a resident of Quebec pays an additional fee per credit. This fee is collected by Quebec universities on behalf of the province’s Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur. If you’re a resident of Quebec, it’s a good idea to make sure Concordia is aware of your residency status before the fee payment deadline to avoid being charged the non-resident rate. Even Cegep students need to verify we have properly recorded their residency status.

Obtaining Quebec residency status

In certain situations, non-residents of Quebec may be eligible for the Quebec tuition rate.  If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, and you meet the Ministère de l’Éducation criteria, you can apply for status as a resident of Quebec through My Student Centre. Go to “Personal Information” and select “Quebec Residency Application.”

International students

Quebec’s Ministère de l’Éducation allows some international students to pay the Canadian tuition rate. Refugees, and diplomats and their dependents may qualify.

French language courses

Out-of-province Canadian citizens or permanent residents who are full-time undergraduate students may be allowed to pay the provincial rate for French language and literature courses. International students may also qualify.
French study fee exemptions

Avoid the “permanent code” surcharge

Under the Ministère de l’Éducation, each student has a “permanent code” to identify them within the Quebec education system. You will pay more tuition unless you provide Concordia with yours. Simply fill out the "permanent code" form in My Student Centre under “Student Services.” If you don’t have a permanent code, Concordia will issue you one directly after you complete the form.

Back to top Back to top

© Concordia University