Skip to main content



Send documentation

Official transcripts

If you have received a conditional admission you must ensure that Concordia receives a copy of your official final transcripts indicating you have earned your diploma and achieved the required grades, as well as any other required documents outlined in your Offer of Admission. Transcripts are only considered “official” if they are sent directly from your previous educational institution(s) to the Admissions Application Centre at Concordia. All documents received by Concordia University become property of the University and official documents and/or transcripts will not be returned. Records submitted by fax are not considered official.

How to send your official documents

Sealed Envelope Method

Applicants from within Canada and the United States may use the “sealed envelope” method, whereby you request that each previous educational institution provide you with a copy of your official transcript, sealed in an envelope bearing the name and address of the institution, the institutional logo (if applicable), a notice on the envelope stating that it contains official transcripts, and a signature/signature stamp/explanatory label placed across the seal of the envelope. If you enclose such an envelope, unopened, in a separately addressed envelope to the Admissions Application Centre, the transcript will be considered official. 

International Applicants

Applicants from outside Canada and the United States must arrange to have their institution(s) mail an official transcript directly to the Admissions Application Centre.

All transcripts should be in the original language. If that is neither English nor French, you must also submit a copy translated into English or French by a certified translator.

Tip: Send your documentation as soon as possible. It is strongly recommended that international students allow for an additional two weeks for processing.

Admissions Application Center

Mailing address:

Concordia University
Graduate Admissions
Application Centre
P.O. Box 2002, Station H
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 2V4

In Person/ Courier Drop-Off Location: 
(Not available at this time)

Birks Student Service Centre
J.W. McConnell Building
Room LB-185
1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W. 
Montreal, Quebec
H3G 2V8

Canadian citizenship status

All new applicants must provide proof of their status in Canada. To provide proof of Canadian Citizenship/Permanent Resident status, you must submit a photocopy of one of the following documents:

  • Canadian birth certificate
  • Canadian Citizenship card (both sides)
  • Permanent Resident card (both sides) or IMM 5292.

You can bring your documents in person to the Birks Student Service Centre located at LB-185 (not available at this time) or upload them on your student portal.

How to find out if your documents have been received

You can verify that your official transcripts and other documents have been received by visiting your MyConcordia portal. Due to the high volume of documents received at certain times of the year, documents may not appear on MyConcordia right away.

Back to top Back to top

© Concordia University