Gym & fitness classes
PERFORM Centre gym members have access to the latest teaching methods, the most recent research findings, and to the most advanced fitness equipment which allows them to track their personal goals and their progress.
Gym membership rates
Membership per category
|Concordia students||Concordia alumni, staff, or
older adults (60+)
|4 Months (Semester)||$70||
|Annual (see details)||$196||$250||$430|
** 2023 PROMOTION: In order to benefit from the 4 month free membership, you must register by February 3, 2023.
The listed rates are before any applicable taxes.
The 10-day pass is good for any 10 days for a year from the date of purchase.
For more information, download the Winter 2023 Community Health Programs booklet.
Annual gym memberships
Full-year memberships include use of a Smart Key.
GOLD MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM- $50 + tax
Available to one-year members only. Includes a towel card, a membership hold of up to 8 weeks, and a locker. There is a limited amount of lockers. Program available until quantities last.
PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM- $75 + tax
Available to one-year members only. Includes a towel card, a basic assessment and program with a student trainer, a membership hold of up to 4 months, and a locker. There is a limited amount of lockers. Program available until quantities last.
Fill out your Clearance and Waiver Forms online
Below is a link to our website where you can securely complete the various clearance and waiver forms that the PERFORM Centre requires.
Please complete them online before your visit to register. This will help us serve you more quickly when you visit us in person.
Individual conditioning programs available in the gym
Personal training appointments
If you seek assistance and guidance in your training, the conditioning floor offers assessment & program packages as well as personal training services. These are available in person and through zoom. Please see attached price list.
For more detailed information, download the PERFORM Conditioning Floor flyer.
Group fitness classes
Group classes are fun, social workouts that are available at several levels of fitness and activity. Classes are open to everyone, including non-gym members. Group sizes vary from 6–20 participants. Classes may be cancelled if there are fewer than five registrants.
Gym rules & regulations
During operating hours of the conditioning floor, those participants on the PERFORM conditioning floor have access to the area and equipment for the purpose of exercise.
A PERFORM floor monitor is on duty at all times to ensure the general oversight of the conditioning floor. Participants knowingly exercise autonomously and assume all inherent risks associated with exercise.
If you would like an email update on PERFORM Centre closures and new programs offered, please indicate this on the participant information form.
Participant access card
- You must show your participant access card at the main reception and keep your access card on you while on the PERFORM conditioning floor. Due to PERFORM’s unique security requirements as a research centre, there can be NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule.
- Replacement card: a replacement card can be purchased for $4.99.
- Refund policy: Individuals are eligible for a refund. Refund requests must be submitted in writing to the PERFORM Centre in order to receive a refund for the unused portion of the access card. A refund will be calculated based on the date of the written refund request. An administrative fee of 10% of the total value of the participant access card will be charged.
- Medical hold: Upon submitting a written request, a participant may request a hold on their participant access card for a maximum of six months. The participant must submit their request with their participant access card. To reactivate the participant access card, the participant is required to submit a medical clearance note for activity from a recognized health care professional.
Access & code of conduct
Equipment & attire
- All personal items must be stored in the locker rooms. Participants without a lock may purchase one at the front desk.
- No contents can be left in lockers once you leave the PERFORM Centre. Locks left on lockers will be cut and contents of locker will be placed in lost and found. Only gold and platinum members may leave contents in their lockers overnight.
- No sports bags or handbags on the conditioning floor.
- Equipment and space on the conditioning floor may be reserved for research activities. Steps will be taken to ensure that advance notice is given when equipment will not be available for use.
- iPods, cell phones, smartphones or any listening device may be used on the conditioning floor for personal audio use only.
- Only sport training clothing, such as T-shirt, sweat pants, and other athletic warm-up gear are to be worn on the conditioning floor. Jeans, jean shorts, any article of clothing with zippers or rivets and other regular outdoor attire are not permitted on the conditioning floor.
- Athletic footwear (closed toe and heel) must be worn by all users while training in the facility. No slides or sandals are permitted on the floor. No outside footwear.
Participants must sign a waiver at registration indicating that they will observe all of the regulations for access to and use of the facilities.
Program participants will be comprised of a diverse population who may be experiencing challenging health situations. As a user of the conditioning floor area, we ask that you be aware of the delicate nature of some of our participants and respect their needs.
The management of the PERFORM Centre at Concordia University has the right to revoke access card privileges in case of lack of respect and adherence to the full access and code of conduct.