Title: Office Support Staff, Centre for Applied Synthetic Biology
Position Type: Full-Time, short-term appointment, start date: immediately, end date: April 30th, 2023, posibility of renewal
Location: Centre for Applied Synthetic Biology, Concordia University
The position is in administrative support of the Centre for Applied Synthetic Biology (CASB) at Concordia University and for several concurrent research projects within the CASB (co-directors Drs. Vincent Martin and Nawwaf Kharma). Projects are currently funded by multiple internal and external grants.
• Serve as an administrative support contact for Centre co-directors and members.
• Support the CASB co-directors in day-to-day management of projects (space allocation, allocating resources, overseeing purchasing, negotiating special pricing on equipment and supplies).
• Responsible for placing, tracking, and managing supply orders for projects of the Centre and of the Centre members.
• Organize and participate in project meetings (meeting logistics, travel, etc.) and different events (symposia, workshops, conferences, journal club meetings, etc.).
Dynamic, independent, and expected to show strong leadership in identifying and initiating tasks outlined in the job description above. Excellent at planning, multi-tasking and detail oriented, the research office support staff must have outstanding communication skills and the ability to work within a large team.
• BSc degree in Life Sciences or related fields is a strong asset
• Formal academic training in management or administration are a strong asset but not required
• 1-3 years experience in project, laboratory management or other administrative/management-type position
• Spoken and written mastery of the English language is a must and aptitude in French desirable but not required
• Excellent communication skills and leadership
• Proficient in MS Excel and Word
To apply for the position, send an electronic copy of your CV along with a cover letter to Audrey Morin at the following e-mail email@example.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Concordia University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents.