Donald and Bonnie Poole Research Award in Aging
The Donald and Bonnie Poole Research Award in Aging provides financial support to aid research in aging.
The award supports research-related expenses including research operations, events, publications, exhibitions, knowledge mobilization activities and community partnerships.
Value: Up to a maximum of $5,000.
Duration: One year (12 months from start of award).
- Open to Concordia-based faculty members of the engAGE Centre for Research on Aging. The Principal Investigator (PI) should be a regular or associate member of engAGE.
- Eligible applicants may apply as the PI on one application per competition, but may be included as a co-investigator on other applications during the same competition period.
- Non-Concordia-based members of engAGE may be included as co-investigators on one or more applications.
- Planned activities should fall within the broad area of aging research and fit with the mandate of the Centre.
Application for funding
A. The proposal must be no more than 3–4 pages (excluding references), 1.5" margins, 12-point Times New Roman and should include:
i. Description of the project aim(s), challenge(s), or issue(s) to be addressed
ii. Description of the methodology
iii. Planned activities and timeline
iv. Engagement of a partnership or partner organization, if applicable
B. Budget and budget justification
C. Academic CVs for each team member
Evaluation criteria for awards
- Clearly defines an area of research on aging that is original, relevant, and impactful
- Methodology is clearly described. If applicable, human research ethics certification must be submitted before data collection can begin
- Budget and timeline are feasible and well planned
- Shows promise for further research outcomes
- Research plan includes the involvement, training, and mentorship of trainees
Requirements of successful candidates
- All successful candidates are expected to present the results of their activities to the engAGE community within three to six months following the funding period. With permission, the presentation will be recorded and archived on the Concordia University YouTube Channel.
- The PI provides engAGE with the relevant information to create a “Project page” on the engAGE website.
- A financial report must be submitted by the end of the funding period and include itemized receipts.
- Funded applicants are expected to acknowledge engAGE and the Donald and Bonnie Poole Research Award in Aging in all related presentations and published work.