Privacy Notice for internal applicants
This Privacy Notice applies to current employees at Concordia University. The Concordia Career Site (the "Site") lists employment opportunities within Concordia University and provides a process for candidates to apply for jobs and to maintain their candidate profiles up to date.
When applying for a position or updating your candidate profile using the Site, your Personal Information (“Personal Information”) is collected and stored on the Site. Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice before you use the Site. It sets out the basis upon which we collect, use, store, share and secure the Personal Information provided to us in connection with your application for a position. The term “job applicant” or “you”, as used in this Privacy Notice, means individuals who apply for a position or are in the process of being considered for a position.
Collection of your Personal Information
Personal Information is collected for the purpose of hiring to fill employment vacancies. Personal Information submitted on this Site is collected and processed by Concordia University in accordance with applicable legislation.
The Personal Information that may be collected includes:
- Recruitment information - cover letter, curriculum vitae, résumé, educational background, training, professional background, information related to your eligibility to work in Canada and on a voluntary basis, employment equity and diversity information;
- Contact information - name, telephone number, home address, personal e-mail address;
- Career and job performance information - job level/position, details of skills and experience from references provided by the job applicant;
- Background check information - authorized by the job applicant if required for the position for which they are applying and to the extentallowed by applicable legislation, including information about judicial disputes and criminal records;
- Automatically collected information - information collected via cookies such as IP address and preferences;
Use of Personal Information
As a job applicant, your Personal Information, excluding biographical information, will be used to assess suitability for a job for which you have applied. More specifically, Concordia University will use the Personal Information provided by you as well as information that may be collected from other sources as part of the job application process to:
- evaluate your application for employment, communicate with you about your application, conduct any necessary or appropriate background checks, comply with our diversity and equity policy;
- verify and validate information provided by the applicant such as contacting references, as authorized by the job applicant;
- comply with legal obligations including administrative and human resources obligations, where applicable.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information, excluding biographical information will be shared with Concordia staff for the sole purpose of completing the recruitment process.
Confirmation and consent
You are able to view this Privacy Notice by selecting the Data Privacy Notice button when logged into your candidate profile.
I confirm that the statements made by me in my profile and job application (including supporting documents) are true and complete. I understand and agree that a false statement may disqualify me from the application/recruitment process, or after employment, this may result in disciplinary action.
I have read and understood this Privacy Notice and consent to the processing of my Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
By clicking “Accept”, you agree to the terms set out in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to these terms, please press “Decline”. However, please note that by pressing “Decline”, you will not be able to proceed with your job application and your applicant profile will be deleted.