Completing a MITACS Pre-departure form
Congratulations on your Mitacs Globalink Research Award (GRA)! In order to complete your MITACS pre-departure form you must attend a mandatory pre-departure orientation session, offered by Concordia International. Please follow the following 6 steps to complete your pre-departure form.
Steps to complete your MITACS pre-departure form:
1. Review the list of links below, which include useful travel tips and policies for Concordia University students traveling outside Quebec.
- Concordia Policy on Travel Outside Quebec
- Travel Advice and Advisories by Global Affairs Canada
- Travel abroad, useful recommendations by Global Affairs Canada
- Registration of Canadian Abroad
- Concordia travel registry and safety information
- Concordia pre-departure guide
2. Make sure that you have:
- obtained travel insurance.
- registered with Global affairs (Registration of Canadian Abroad). If you are not a Canadian Citizen, please register with your embassy/consulate abroad.
- registered with Concordia travel database (Concordia travel registry).
- read Global Affairs and Concordia's recommendations, tips and policies.
3. Complete and print your MITACS pre-departure form.
4. Make an appointment with Concordia International (email@example.com) in order to discuss key considerations, answer your questions and obtain our signature for the MITACS pre-departure form.
5. Attend your appointment (pre-departure session) and obtain the signature from Concordia International. Please note that you need to comply with all the requirements mentioned above in order to obtain Concordia International's signature.
6. Submit your MITACS pre-departure form to MITACS (this form should be submitted along with the MITACS Student Code of Conduct and Ethics Form). Please note that the student may not travel abroad for this project until these documents are received by MITACS.
For further information please contact:
Concordia International: Julio Sevilla (Julio.Sevilla@concordia.ca)
MITACS: Amanda Rossi (firstname.lastname@example.org)