Inviting a MITACS Academic Visitor
Congratulations! A Globalink Research Intern (GRI) has been selected to participate in a research project under your supervision. In order to invite a GRI to Concordia and award him/her with the Academic Visitor status you must complete a MITACS Academic Visitor Request Form and obtain the signature from your chair and dean. These are the steps you need to follow to complete the process:
1. You will receive an instruction letter from Concordia International in late winter, including a pre-filled "Appointment Request Form for MITACS Academic Visitors".
2. Complete the missed information and sign the form under the "Supervising University Member" section.
3. Obtain your department chair’s signature.
4. Submit the form to your corresponding Faculty (please see contact below), for your Associate Dean, Research, approval.
JMSB: Tania Chomyk / S-MB 11335 / x 2733
FA: TBC / S-EV 2736 / x TBC
5. Once signed by your Associate Dean, Research, Concordia International will issue and send an invitation letter to the GRI. Please note that the Academic Visitor status will only be granted once the process is completed and the GRI has accepted the terms and conditions and signed Concordia University's letter of invitation.
For further information please contact Julio Sevilla (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Concordia International