Find more great photos, events and news for JMSB international students at the JMSB LIFE Facebook page. Connect with us now!
JMSB LIFE Orientation
Supporting the needs of JMSB’s international students
JMSB LIFE (Living the International Faculty Experience) is an initiative intended to enhance the experience of international students at the John Molson School of Business. Through a series of workshops, social and cultural events that complement the activities of Concordia’s International Students Office, JMSB LIFE engages international students and their parents from the moment they arrive and provides them with a sense of community that helps them overcome issues like language barriers and culture shock.
When is it?
To be announced
To be announced
Who is it for?
International students (undergraduate and graduate)
JMSB LIFE offers something for every international student. Those who participate:
- Make new friends
- Feel empowered
- Increase their chances for academic success
- Are given the chance to embrace Canadian culture
- Have the opportunity to connect potential future employers
Parents of international students
This initiative provides parents with reassurance, allows them to meet other parents of international students and gives them a better understanding of the Canadian university experience enabling them to:
- Better assist their child
- Know what questions to ask to best support their child
- Be more involved in their child’s education
JMSB LIFE’s vast network of volunteers gives local students the chance to:
- Engage in community service
- Make cross-cultural connections
- Learn a language
- Develop their leadership and mentorship skills
- Work closely with senior administration