Internationalization of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
IBUS 471, 3 CREDITS
Classes are offered in English on various aspects of internationalization of SMEs from the main characteristics of SMEs to some of the main drivers of their international and entry strategies.
- To understand some of the main characteristics of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) and their management practices.
- To provide the opportunity for students to learn more about the strategic management of SMEs.
- To provide general understanding about internationalization of SMEs and its roles in each nation’s economy.
- To provide the opportunity of understanding the direct and indirect roles of national cultures and institutional contexts on management practices and internationalization of SMEs in various countries
- To provide general understanding of the international entrepreneurship and its roles in internationalization of SMEs.
- To provide general knowledge about the most widely accepted theories of internationalization for SMEs.
- To provide a general knowledge on understanding, formulating, and implementing SMEs’ overall international strategies and entry modes.
July 29 - August 9, 2019