Date of entry: Winter 2013
Expected graduation date: Fall 2018
Current phase of study: Phase III (Thesis)
Status: Full-time student
Research Interests: Network and social capital, family business and entrepreneurship, strategic management
Previous thesis title
- “Three essays on kinship and career outcome”, PhD (Management), Concordia University (2018)
- Gorji, Y., & Carney, M. (2018). Career development through borrowed social capital. The case of copreneurs in single project organisation, European Group of Organization Studies (EGOS) Colloquium, Tallin, Estonia
- Gorji, Y., Carney, M., & Prakash, R. (2018). Does sponsorship promote relatives‚ or career outcomes? The case of show business families, European Academy of Management, Reykjavik, Iceland
- Etemad, H., Gorji, Y., & Motaghi, H. (2018). The challenges of women business leaders in Canadian fastest growing firms: A network theory approach, Irish Academy of Management, Cork, Ireland
- Gorji, Y., Carney, Michael, & Prakash, R. (2018). A comparison of classical and postmodern nepotism on recipients' career outcome, 78th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Chicago, US
- Ayoobzadeh, M., & Gorji, Y. (2017). Does parental support influence offspring's short- and long-term career outcomes? 77th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Atlanta, US
- Sardari, M., & Gorji, Y. (2017). Organizational network dynamic capability in high-tech start-ups, Administrative Sciences Association of Canada, Montreal, Canada
- Gorji, Y. (2015). A comparison between competitive and cooperative networks: Effects on the firm’s alliance formation choice, International Conference on Economics and Management of Networks (EMNET), Johannesburg South Africa
- Tajeddin, M., & Gorji, Y. (2014). Shock, a life-giving or a fatal factor: Political shock and internationalization of SMEs, European Group of Organization Studies (EGOS) Colloquium, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Indirect nepotism: Network sponsorship, social capital and career performance in show business families. Carney, M., Gorji, Y.,
& Prakash, R.
- Marriage, borrowed social capital & career outcome among celebrity couples. Carney, M. and Gorji, Y.
- Status shift and network evolution. Carney, M. and Gorji, Y.
- PhD, Business Administration/Strategic Management, Concordia University, Canada, Fall 2018
- MBA, Business Administration/ Strategic Management, University of Tehran, Iran, 2009
Academic and teaching experience
- Strategy Execution (MBA), Concordia University, Summer 2018, Part-time Lecturer