The MBA Admissions Committee reviews every application on an individual basis. The Committee looks for students with real-world work experience, strong academic credentials, clear career objectives, strong intellectual ability and leadership potential, superior interpersonal and communication skills, motivation, maturity, and a commitment to excellence. Additional criteria, such as a record of active community involvement (although not required), may also be taken into consideration.
The selection process is competitive and thorough and candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible to the admission cycle of their choice. Candidates will be interviewed.
Canadians & Permanent Residents:
- June 1 for September entry (Fall Term)
- October 1 for January entry (Winter Term)
International (Study Permit) applicants:
- March 1 for September entry (Fall Term)
- June 1 for January entry (Winter Term)
Note: Applications will be considered as long as there is space available.
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university, with minimum GPA of 3.0/4.3
Total education should equal 16 years, including the bachelor’s degree accepted as equivalent by the Council for Graduate Studies. See a listing of international equivalencies.
- Two-years minimum full-time relevant work experience.
- A GMAT score of 580 or better.
- A student whose primary language is not English must write a pre-admissions English proficiency test (TOEFL iBT minimum score 95 or IELTS (Academic) minimum score 7.0), if not exempted as indicated below. Test results must be reported directly to the Admissions Application Centre by the test centre. Results more than two years old will not be accepted as proof of language proficiency.
- Quebec applicants who have completed a Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) and a university degree in Quebec;
- A minimum of three full years of study at the undergraduate or graduate level at an accredited university in one of the following countries.
- Video interview
International (Study Permit) Students
To learn more about coming to Canada as a student, you might find it helpful to visit the pages at Concordia University’s International Students Office.
After reviewing the Admission Requirements the following items must be submitted before the application deadline:
- $100 (CAD) Application Fee
A non-refundable application fee paid online by credit card.
- Application Form
An online application form must be completed.
- Statement of Purpose
Applicants must provide a Statement of Purpose indicating their reason for choosing the MBA, their career goals, and how the program will contribute to achieving those goals. Statement of Purpose should be approximately 500 words in length.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Applicants must include an updated resume.
- Three Letters of Reference*
Applicants must include names and email contacts for three academic or professional reference evaluating prior performance, appropriateness of the MBA degree and potential for future business leadership:
When completing your application online, you will be required to enter your referees’ names, affiliated institutions and email addresses (college/university or company mail). Your referees will then receive an email inviting them to complete an electronic assessment form and attach their letter of reference. It is your responsibility to follow-up with your referees to confirm they received this mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business references: Your employer must submit a scanned copy of their reference letter, written on company letterhead and bearing an original signature.
Academic references: Professors must both complete an electronic Academic Assessment form and submit a scanned copy of their reference letter written on the institution’s letterhead and bearing an original signature.
You are strongly encouraged to submit your application before your program’s application deadline in order to give your referees sufficient time to provide their assessment and letter of reference.
- Official Transcripts*
Please upload unofficial copies of transcripts, from all previous educational institutions, when you apply to Concordia because it speeds up the review of your application.
If you are currently enrolled in school:
Submit the results of previous terms and a list of your current courses
Include mid-year grades if they're available
Uploaded transcripts, however, are not official transcripts. Official transcripts are documents sent directly from an institution to our Admissions Application Centre. Unless otherwise specified, we request official transcripts only once you are admitted.
- Official GMAT Score (minimum of 580)
For information on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) please visit mba.com.
- Official English Proficiency Test (where applicable)
A student whose primary language is not English must write a pre-admission proficiency test (TOEFL iBT minimum score 95 or IELTS (Academic) minimum score 7.0), if not exempted as indicated in the admissions requirements. Test results must be reported directly to the Admissions Application Centre by the test centre. Results more than two years old will not be accepted as proof of language proficiency.
- Proof of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residence, or Refugee Status (where applicable)
Where applicable, applicants must include a certified copy of their birth certificate, Permanent Resident card, Canadian Citizen Card, or Refugee Status papers. International students must include a copy of their current passport.
- Additional requirement
Video interview: Candidates will receive a separate email explaining the interview process.
*Once requested upon acceptance, official transcripts must be sent directly to Concordia University.
To apply for admission you will need to follow the steps in the guide for the online application process.
- You may save your application at any point, allowing you to partially complete the process (if necessary) and return to it later.
- Be sure to have a valid credit card ready (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) for the application fee and a valid email address for correspondence.
Provide your name, date of birth, first language, email address and other details. Please ensure that all information is accurate and coincides with all your official supporting documents. The email address you provide here will be the one we use to communicate with you throughout the admissions process.
In this section you also have the option of specifying if you wish to apply to one of Concordia’s specialized colleges, schools or institutes.
Application Fee: To finalize your application, you need to agree to our terms and conditions, and pay a non-refundable application fee ($100 CAD) by credit card or debit card. Please note: we accept the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and the following debit cards: Scotiabank, Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank or TD Canada Trust.
Once you submit your online application, you will receive a confirmation email that prompts you to create a username and password for the MyConcordia Portal. This email will include a eight-digit student ID number that you will use throughout your studies at Concordia.
If you did not receive a confirmation email, check your junk mail folder. If it’s not there either, call at 514-848-2424, extension 2668 and request that we mail you your student ID number. If you have any technical difficulties with your online application please contact the Instructional & Information Technology Services (IITS) Helpline.
You may check the status of your application or upload missing documents on the MyConcordia portal.
- Visit the MyConcordia portal.
- Find the tab Application Center in the left-hand column. You can verify your status and see which documents the university has received.
- Applicants will be interviewed.
Once you’ve received your letter of acceptance, you should visit our new student pages and prepare for your new career as a grad student!
International students: Please visit the International students’ pages for important information including study permits and living in Montreal.
- Master of Business Administration
- The full-time & part-time MBA advantage
- Program details
- Tuition & aid
- Beyond the classroom
- Alumni profiles
- Current students
- International students