Dean's Staff Recognition Award
The purpose of the Dean’s Staff Recognition Award is to formally recognize the special contribution of support staff members who consistently provide outstanding contributions to the work environment of the JMSB. A maximum of three awards will be made in any given year.
All permanent staff members (full-time or part-time), as well as staff members who are employed or on a term contract for twelve months or more in the JMSB are eligible for the Award. Occasional part-time or term employees, including those paid on time sheets may be eligible if their aggregate service exceeds one year.
Dean's Awards for Teaching Excellence
The purpose of the Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence is to recognize, reward and further motivate excellence in teaching. Three categories of the Award may be granted in any year:
- teaching by a full-time faculty member primarily at the undergraduate level
- teaching by a full-time faculty member primarily at the graduate level
- teaching by a part-time faculty member
Any full-time or part-time faculty member from the John Molson School of Business is eligible if he/she meets the following requirements:
- The Faculty member must have taught a minimum of 24 credits at the JMSB over a period of at least four different academic years, including the current year.
- The Faculty member has not been a recipient of this award (or the Distinguished Teaching Award) in the past four years.
- A candidate who has held appointments in both the full-time and part-time categories will be considered in the category that reflects his/her current status.
Dean’s Award for Distinguished Scholarship
The purpose of the Dean’s Award for Distinguished Scholarship is to recognize, reward and further motivate research excellence by identifying outstanding researchers in the John Molson School of Business. This award does not replace the University Researcher Award administered by the School of Graduate Studies. A total of three awards may be granted in each academic year. An award may be given for excellence in research for deserving faculty members in each of the following categories:
- Junior Scholar
- Mid–career Scholar
- Senior Scholar
Full-time faculty members from the John Molson School of Business are eligible for these awards if they meet the following requirements:
- Junior Scholar Award
At the time of application, any tenure-track faculty member within five years of obtaining his/her Ph.D. degree.
- Mid-career Scholar Award
At the time of application, any faculty member in their third year of earning tenure at Concordia University.
- Senior Scholar Award
At the time of application, any faculty member at the rank of Professor, excluding faculty who are designated as Endowed Chairs, Research Chairs or Distinguished Professors.