Concordia University has licensed Sophos Anti-Virus software for the entire University community. It is a simple way to get Sophos Anti-Virus software to faculty, staff and students. The Sophos Anti-Virus software can be installed on any computer owned by the University for University purposes. The University is also licensed to provide Sophos Anti-Virus software to active faculty, staff and students who can install a copy of this software on computer(s) in their household for home-use. Such users will be provided with a time-limited edition of the software which may require re-installment on their home computer(s).
Who can use it?
Active faculty, staff and students
How much does it cost?
There is no cost associated with this service as software covered under the campus license agreement can be installed for free. The home-use version of the software is also available at no cost.
How to get it
- To request the installation of Sophos Anti-Virus on a university owned computer, contact your department IT-representative or the IT Service Desk: email@example.com or extension 7613.
- Sophos Anti-Virus for work-use and home-use is also available to download via the MyConcordia Portal:
- Log into the MyConcordia Portal (www.myconcordia.ca)
- Click on Software and Applications
- Click on Sophos Anti-Virus
- Select Sophos for Windows or Sophos for Mac depending on your OS
- Select Sophos home-use or Sophos work-use depending on what version you require
- Agree to the terms and conditions page
- Click on ‘here’ to download the application
Terms of the agreement: Effective August 12, 2016 and ending on August 11, 2019.
What is the Sophos Educational License?
- The educational license is a subscription licensing program for higher educational institutions.
- It is a simple way to get Sophos Anti-Virus software to faculty, staff and students.
Overview of the Sophos Educational License
- Term of the Agreement: thirty-six (36) months, effective August 12, 2016 and ending on August 11, 2019. The Agreement can subsequently be renewed or upgraded.
- The cost of the Sophos Educational License is based on the maximum number of computers owned by the University.
- The Sophos Anti-Virus software can be installed on any computer owned by the University at no cost to faculty and staff for University purposes.
Software products covered by the Sophos Educational License
Sophos Anti-Virus is the only software product covered by this license.
Installation of this software is made by University IT staff only after a user request is sent to them. Only the English version of this software will be deployed on University owned computers. At no time will IITS (or any University IT staff) distribute software products in any format (CD, DVD, ISO image, etc.).
Any purchase request for anti-virus software of any brand to be deployed on a University owned computer(s) or server(s) WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED by the University’s Purchasing Services Department.
The Sophos Anti-Virus software can be provided via the portal to faculty, staff and students for home use who can install a copy of this software on computer(s) in their household. Such users (as defined above) will have to authenticate themselves through the Concordia portal and agree to the Sophos Acceptance Form. Such users will be provided with a time-limited edition of the software which may require re-installment on their home computer(s).
For full FAQs and information, visit http://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase.aspx