Adobe Creative Cloud - Value Incentive Plan (VIP)
The following Adobe Creative Suite software is exclusively available on the Adobe Creative Cloud (CC):
Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC, Dreamweaver CC, Flash Professional CC, Lightroom CC Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, Audition CC, InCopy CC, Muse CC, and Creative Cloud Complete CC.
For a complete list of Creative Cloud software, visit Adobe’s website.
Adobe Creative Cloud is a subscription-based service that runs on a yearly basis with an annual renewal fee. Creative Cloud also includes new mobile apps, new Adobe creative hardware, as well as new integrated cloud services and features.
The licenses are tied to a single anniversary date (June 1st), so purchases made throughout the year will be prorated against that date. At the end of each year, users have the option to pay the yearly fee to renew their subscription and continue using the Creative Cloud license. Users can order just a single Desktop App or order the Adobe Creative Cloud Complete which includes all the Creative Cloud software that was under the Master Collection in addition to other tools and services.
Who can use it?
Active faculty and staff. Students are ineligible.
How much does it cost?
The approximate cost breakdown for each license type is as follows:
Adobe Creative Cloud Complete CC license:
- Per named-user: approximately $534 CAD* (plus taxes) per year
- Per device: approximately $381 CAD* (plus taxes) per year
For the single Desktop app license:
- Per named-user: approximately $239 CAD* (plus taxes) per year
- Per device: approximately $198 CAD* (plus taxes) per year
*Prices fluctuate depending on the US dollar.
How to get it
- To request a quote for Adobe Creative Cloud software, fill out the standard webform and provide the following information:
1. The software for which a quote is required
2. Netname, Concordia email address, and computer name of each user receiving the license
3. License quantity
4. Operating system (PC or Mac)
5. Office location for all users receiving the software
- Once the request has been received, you will be provided with a pdf quote which you can then attach to the webreq (WR) being sent to Purchasing Services.
- Licenses for each individual
- Each user requires his/her own Adobe ID (Concordia University email address)
- Up to 100GB of online cloud storage, per license, for easy file sharing
- Access to tools like Edge, Behance, Prosite, and other online services connected with the Creative Cloud https://www.adobe.com/ca/creativecloud/catalog/desktop.html
- Access to all the latest desktop apps, including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Each user can install the software on 2 computers (the 2 computers must be used by the same user)
· Perfect for computer labs
· Licenses are for each computer, rather than each user
· The deployment is centralized and completely controlled by the administrator
· Devices will not have access to the online services or cloud storage that are available under the per named-user subscription.
Adobe Creative Cloud licenses are sold through an Adobe Authorized Education reseller under the Adobe Value Incentive Plan (VIP). The license purchased through Adobe.com cannot be transferred from one user to another like they are with a named-user license purchased through the Adobe VIP. A Creative Cloud license sold from Adobe.com has significantly less storage space and the license is only available for student and teachers, staff excluded. Purchasing Services also requires employees purchasing with university funds to order the software using a webreq. Refer to Article 30 of the CFO-420 Procurement Policy for more information.
Yes. Under the VIP plan, if you order 50 or more licenses there is approximately a 12% discount per license. There are additional discount levels once the VIP agreement reaches 250, 500 and 1000 seats. The discounts are cumulative. As soon as there are 50 seats under our VIP agreement, access is granted to the level 2 pricing for future purchases as long as there are between 50 and 249 seats. If 50 licenses are ordered on the first order, access is immediately granted to the discount pricing on the 50 seats.
No. Adobe Creative Cloud licensing for these products is only offered on a monthly subscription paid once yearly against our anniversary date (June 1st). If you want to purchase a Creative Cloud license for Photoshop, you’ll be billed prorated to June 1st. For example, if you purchase Photoshop in October, you’ll be required to pay a lump sum from October to June, with the option to renew for another year in June.
No. While your Creative Cloud per named-user membership does comes with cloud storage, no content containing sensitive information should be saved or stored in the cloud. This information should be stored locally. Non-sensitive data may be synchronized to your Creative Cloud storage for backup, link sharing, or folder collaboration. Copies of these files will be retained locally.
Your Creative Cloud files are stored on your desktop as well as on the Creative Cloud servers. If you cancel or downgrade your paid membership, you will still have access to all of the files in the Creative Cloud folder on your computer and via the Creative Cloud website.
Your account will be downgraded to a free membership, which includes 2GB of storage. If you’re using more than 2GB of storage, you will not be able to upload any new files to the cloud until the amount of online space used in your account drops below the allotted amount. If you are over your storage limit, you will have 90 days to reduce your online usage or you may lose access to some or all of your files saved on the Creative Cloud servers.
Yes. As long as both computers are not using the software at the same time and both computers are used by the same user.
You may install the software on up to two computers. These two computers can be Windows, Mac OS, or one of each. If you install on a third computer, it will request you to de-activate on the other two computers. You can then reactivate one of the previous two computers, and use Creative Cloud apps on it. The two computers must be used by the same user and both cannot be using the software at the same time.
Approximately 30 - 45 days prior to the anniversary date (June 1st), Adobe or the reseller will notify the university that it is time to renew. Each client who ordered the license will be notified to renew the license for another year if they so choose. The client will be responsible for placing a new webreq for the license renewal and submitting it to purchasing services before the June 1st deadline.