To apply to Concordia as an exchange student, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Your home institution must have a student exchange agreement with Concordia. If you are unsure, then you must check with your home institution’s office responsible for student exchanges.
- All students should have the equivalent of a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 (B) (based on a 4.3 GPA) in the year of application.
- Students applying for graduate programs must have completed at least one semester of graduate studies at their home university, prior to their exchange at Concordia.
- Your home institution must nominate you to study at Concordia on exchange.
- Meet the following English Proficiency requirements for Direct Admission:
- Students wishing to study on exchange in the Faculty of Fine Arts should visit the Fine Arts website for more information on any portfolio requirements.
- The application deadline for admission to Concordia as an exchange student for both the Fall Semester and/or the Winter Semester is April 1. Please submit your Incoming Student Exchange Application online by the end of the day on April 1.
- Please note that it is not possible to apply for an exchange that starts in January and ends in December, as Concordia University’s academic year begins in September and ends in April and that we do not accept applications for the Summer semester.
Please be advised that Concordia University is required to keep its exchanges balanced on an institutional basis. Before applying to Concordia for exchange, you should contact your home institution’s exchange office.