Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF SUSTAINABILITY
ASSISTANT, SUSTAINABILITY ENGAGEMENT (50013400-P5935)
Deadline: January 24, 2022
Reporting to the Director of Environmental Health and Safety, the Sustainability Engagement Assistant will provide support for all community engagement projects within the Office of Sustainability. They will assist in planning and promoting events, developing and launching awareness campaigns, and managing a social media presence for the Office.
- Create social media accounts; manage replies to community posts; generate regular posts promoting events, activities and programs; re-post relevant sustainability content from other groups and departments; plan and execute regular social media campaigns and challenges related to our events, activities and programs.
- Use all available avenues to promote events, programs, and activities to a diverse community of students, faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with the Office of Sustainability team to plan events; provide logistical planning support; provide on-the-ground support at events.
- Collect relevant information on sustainability news, events, and opportunities from our community; draft and send a monthly newsletter; manage subscriptions.
- Provide scheduling support for the committees of the Sustainability Governance Framework, as required; attend and participate in all meetings of the Campus Sustainability Engagement (CSE) sub-committee; record the minutes of the CSE sub-committee; collect information on upcoming events and activities from the committee.
- Co-facilitate trainings as necessary, with student, staff and faculty Sustainability Ambassadors.
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two-year pre-university program) in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience, with at least one year experience in Sustainability.
- Experience in managing social media and / or newsletters for a group or organization, experience in event planning and outreach, and experience in group facilitation.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English (able to draft reports, able to speak with sensitivity on complex subjects); Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French (able to respond to work-related queries).
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word (able to use built-in headers and other formatting features and to incorporate graphics into reports), Excel (able to format spreadsheets, create charts, and use simple Excel formulas), and PowerPoint (able to create and give presentations).
- Ability to produce basic graphics and design for social media posts using free online programs (such as Canva).
- Strong working knowledge and passion for the concept of sustainability, awareness of the central issues and controversies in the discourse on sustainable development, and knowledge of sustainability initiatives at Concordia.
- Ability to meet deadlines and establish timelines.
$28.12 - $33.84 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 24, 2022. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.