Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEAN OF STUDENTS
COORDINATOR, HOMEROOM PROGRAM (C5640)
Deadline: August 5, 2021
This posting represents a one year full-time contract.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Homeroom Program, the incumbent coordinates ongoing programming, events and daily operations (on-campus and virtual) of the Homeroom program and provides daily supervision and support to Lead Facilitators and Student Facilitators.
- Coordinate programming, events and daily operations of the program. Including playing a supporting role in ongoing program development and growth; event management; supporting both in-person and online learning opportunities.
- Hire, train and supervise student staff in their roles as facilitators and event assistants; ensure they are carrying out assigned tasks with professionalism and are providing appropriate support; assess outcomes on an ongoing basis and adjust accordingly.
- Facilitate Homeroom groups.
- Oversee social media and support other communications for the program, contributing to content updates of online and print promotional materials.
- Support the Supervisor in the development of curricula and program evaluation; participate in and contribute to short and long-term planning for Homeroom. Compile and interpret statistical information to understand the program’s impact on student development.
- Support subject matter experts who will act as guest facilitators, and develop and maintain relationships both within and outside the Concordia community in order to keep program content relevant and of a high standard.
- Work with internal partners, including Student Services units and other Concordia contacts on program planning and implementation. Attend meetings and ensure good communication with stakeholders and campus partners.
- Monitor, research and recommend event planning tools, strategies and logistics. Liaise with Hospitality, Facilities and IITS to ensure event outcomes are attained for both virtual and on-campus events.
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3 year technical DEC) in Business Administration or a related field with 4-7 years of experience overseeing student volunteers.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms.
- Experience in event planning
- Experience facilitating groups.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English to communicate effectively with student staff, participants and program stakeholders.
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and ease at learning new software.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, collaboration and relationship-building skills; ability to work with all members of the Concordia community, including students, staff, and faculty.
- Demonstrated professionalism, rigor, diligence and is action-oriented by seizing opportunities.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment both as a member of a team and independently.
- Familiarity with Concordia university structure including academic and non-academic departments, programs, and services is highly desirable.
$59,872 – $72,078 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 5, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.