Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
IITS USER SERVICES
ADVANCED RESEARCH COMPUTING ANALYST (C5613-C5614)
Deadline: August 4, 2021
This posting represents two full time contract positions for the duration of 18 months.
Reporting to the Manager, Digital Research Infrastructure Solutions, and liaising daily with Calcul Québec, the incumbent is accountable for the operation, adoption, support, and consultation of research computing services and for resolving complex multi-user problems. They are also responsible for liaising with IT groups University-wide to maximize efficiency of digital research infrastructure computing services. The incumbent is a technical liaison between Concordia, the NDRIO/Compute Canada, and Calcul Quebec.
- Provide technical assistance, supports, and consults on IT systems and software development tools dedicated to digital research infrastructure (DRI) including advanced research computing (ARC), data management (DM) and research software (RS).
- Provide consulting services and support by assessing clients’ requirements and recommending appropriate improvements and/or solutions. Analyze and suggest new features and research technologies to improve analysis and computing services in relation to the delivery of ARC services.
- Liaise with internal and external user groups both technical and non-technical to identify effective solutions to meet Research Computing demands while maximizing efficiency of central IT services (IITS).
- Actively participate in liaison activities with Calcul Quebec and the NDRIO/Compute Canada.
- Share knowledge to help resolve research related problems acting as a source of expert information guiding and training end users on digital research infrastructure services.
- Act as software engineering subject matter expert on advanced computing. Provides software development assistance to researchers. Acts as an escalation resource and liaison for technicians, professionals, and researchers on issues pertaining to CQ infrastructure.
- Learn technologies to act as a subject matter expert in cases where specialized software and/or hardware is a research requirement.
- Assist in producing documentation and training for users and for other IT specialists and groups. Conducts training activities and provides guidance to users, researchers, analysts, and technicians. Maintain superior expertise in information management technologies used within the organization.
- Advise, apply, and implement security configurations, makes improvement recommendations, and ensures compliancy in accordance with DRI best practices and associated security policies as well as Concordia’s IT management framework.
- Ensure service continuity and reliability as well as participates in relationships with service providers to maintain and improve research services. Participate in project teams executing and implementing project tasks.
- Undertake other tasks as required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or in a related scientific field with at least 2-4 years of experience in state-of-the-art computing clusters and/or digital research infrastructure.
- Experience with applied research technologies, software development, and data management.
- Unix/Linux background.
- Broad understanding of advanced environment monitoring, management tools, research technologies and how they can be applied to solve higher-education problems.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) spoken and written English and French in order to convey technical issues and material to non-technical people.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and become a subject matter expert in specialized hardware and software research fields.
- Highly developed customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills with the proven ability to liaise between multiple technical and non-technical groups.
- Demonstrated self-learner and leader with strong aptitude for analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Able to travel within Quebec to liaise with other Quebec university (three/four times/year)
$74,567- $89,056 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 4, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.