Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SERVICE ASSISTANT, ACCOUNTING SERVICES (P5976)
Deadline: August 2, 2021
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounting Services, Accountant, the incumbent offers accounting support as part of the procurement cycle workflow and ensures the accurate data entry of fixed asset purchases within the fixed asset module. They prepare the necessary fixed asset within the Financial information system to ensure its capitalization in the general ledger of the University.
- Verify and balance general ledger Accounts, including purchases as part of the procurement module to ensure the proper accounting and capitalization of the assets.
- Review web requisitions / purchase orders and create the fixed asset shell within the financial information system.
- Enter manual journal entries and upload journal entries into SAP related to month-end and year-end processes.
- Review to ensure inclusion of all cheque payments received in the Accounts Receivable module.
- Investigate with Financial Services clients in departments when cheques are received without a corresponding invoice.
- Perform retrieval of documents used in the department upon request.
- Perform any other tasks related to proper functioning of Financial Services Department.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (Two year pre-university DEC) in a field related to the primary responsibilities, and two to four years of relevant work experience in processing financial transactions.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to give detailed information and explanations and to write correspondence; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to write letters, format reports and input tables into documents) and intermediate level of Excel (to do mathematical and financial calculations).
- Knowledge of on-line and web-based Financial Information systems; Human Resource Information System, is essential.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills; accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills; customer-service orientation.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE100-14A and that the associated salary range is $26.60 to $31.58 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 2, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.