Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
MANAGER, EMPLOYEE SERVICES (C5638)
Deadline: October 1, 2021
This is an indeterminate contract position.
Reporting to the Director, Employee Services and Payroll, the incumbent provides leadership and direction in the delivery of comprehensive employee services to the University community related to the provision of HR benefits, earnings and deductions, timekeeping and reporting.
- Provides leadership in all aspects of operations within the employee services unit including setting operational goals, coordination of planning activities, overseeing the delivery of services and managing daily operations of a fast paced, centralized area serving as the first point of contact for Human Resources’ clients.
- Oversees the integrity of HR data (quality review); maintain high quality data with understanding of the impact of data flowing to related units and integration points; explains and resolves data issues as they arise.
- Defines success criteria such as service levels, call volumes and incident levels and resolution; ensures a customer centric service approach in all dealings, including with HR colleagues and external clients; develops recommends and implements a customer service focus, including employee self-services; develops and maintains processes for the service area; identifies opportunities for process improvement and creates action plans to implement; Optimizes the delivery of services to the community and cultivate an environment of continuous learning and improvement through knowledge sharing and cross training.
- Manages the human resources and development needs of staff within the Employee Services unit; motivate, coaches and mentors the team members.
- Hires, trains and evaluates direct reports of unit; resolves performance concerns as they arise.
- Assists the Director, Employee Services and Payroll with the development of administration guidelines and operation practices.
- Ensures that employee services procedures, guidelines and operation practices conform to federal, provincial regulations and/or laws and university policies, guidelines and collective agreements.
- Oversees the implementation of new HRIS initiatives in the employee services unit.
- In collaboration with Financial Services, assists employee services staff to ensure that regulatory requirements are met, including audits from both internal and external bodies.
- Maintains and fosters close working relationship with other HR and University units.
- Ensure effective and timely communication to units and/or employees regarding changes and/or major issues that will impact them.
- Performs other duties as required in support of the Employee Services and Payroll area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Industrial Relations or in a field related to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of experience as an HR practitioner with progressive experience, and at least three years in a management role as well as significant experience in HR benefits, earnings, deductions, timekeeping, government reporting and in a unionized environment; two to four years of experience working in a large scale, fast paced environment.
- Skilled at working with data and applying metrics to HR deliverables ; excellent knowledge of HR best practices and able to act and make decisions at both strategic and operational level; knowledge of SAP, highly desirable.
- Familiarity with University’s financial and human resources systems, and general accounting, is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated and a proven track record for successfully administering a large-scale service and improving mechanisms for delivering quality and effective service.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, train, motivate and coach staff and demonstrated ability to scope and implement process changes.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French, in order to communicate with internal and external bodies, and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of MS Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point) and MS Outlook.
- Good understanding of computing and automation technologies, and administrative information systems.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to creatively solve complex problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to persuade and influence; excellent communication and customer service skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively on sensitive and occasionally competing issues; excellent organizational and time management skills with a keen sense of urgency.
$91,110 - $105,664 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 1, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.