Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STUDENT SUCCESS CENTER
SERVICE ASSISTANT (C1969)
Deadline: July 29, 2021
This posting represents a part-time (21-hour workweek) one year contract position.
Reporting to the Department Coordinator, Student Success Centre, the incumbent performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day operations of the Student Success Centre. They act as the first line of contact regarding information for students about services provided.
- Respond to staff requests regarding room bookings, facilities, physical space and supplies orders and assist in maintaining a procedural instructions repository for staff.
- Welcome clientele and respond to inquiries regarding the Student Success Centre’s programs and services; collect fees from alumni; schedule appointments for students with the appropriate professional and redirect students to the appropriate faculty or unit as applicable; assess and refer alumni to external resources and services.
- Coordinate the administrative processes for hiring of casual support staff (authenticate work permits/documents; prepare NOHCE for approval, review and process payroll, track expiration.)
- Assist with the collection and input of payroll hours for casual employees.
- Manage room bookings process for external requests; schedule meetings; take minutes at departmental meetings.
- Prepare expense reports, secure quotes, process purchases, and perform invoice reconciliations.
- Liaise with Facilities Management, Distribution and other Concordia services to assist in maintaining department’s fixtures, office machines and physical space.
- Perform other duties in support of the Student Success Centre.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2 year pre-university DEC) and two to four years of related work experience in a in an office environment.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with students, staff and faculty; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Basic knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Keen attention to details.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Previous experience in a student services environment desirable.
- Knowledge of Orbis database and SIS (Concordia Student Information System) are assets.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE261-14A and that the associated salary range is $26.60 to $31.58 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 29, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.