Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ADMISSIONS OFFICER (P4076A)
Deadline: July 28, 2021
This posting represents a full-time replacement contract until December 13, 2022.
Reporting to the Manager, Undergraduate Admissions, the incumbent evaluates applications for undergraduate admission. They act as an advisor and resource person for students, faculty, staff, external bodies and organizations for matters relating to undergraduate admissions according to the standards and procedures defined by the university.
- Review and adjudicate student applications for admission to the university’s undergraduate programs and apply relevant policies, practices and procedures to the admissions processes and all related activities.
- Provide prompt and appropriate admissions decisions to applicants as well as process admissions-related requests, such as appeals, degree transfers, course exemption, transfer credit assessments, etc.
- Provide information to current, former and prospective students and other university stakeholders on university policies, practices and procedures as it relates to undergraduate admissions.
- Research educational credentials, systems and schools world-wide and provide information to prospective students and other internal and external stakeholders where appropriate; Make recommendations regarding trends, best practices and procedures.
- Collaborate with the student recruitment team and participate in local recruitment activities and events.
- Identify process and procedural challenges and contribute to finding efficiencies and improvements.
- Maintain liaison with internal stakeholders (e.g. departments, service units) and external stakeholders (e.g. CEGEPS, professional organizations).
- Represent the Office on committees as required.
- Perform other duties in support of Enrolment Services.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two to four years of admissions-related work experience in an academic setting.
- Knowledge of Concordia’s undergraduate admissions requirements, academic regulations, policies and procedures an asset.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students and to draft correspondence and documentation; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions environment, desirable.
- Knowledge of Canadian and international educational systems.
- Experience in making effective decisions and dealing well with ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Strong planning, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work within strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a high volume area and to respond to change.
- Proven experience working in a fast paced, high-pressure team environment.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work extended hours outside normal operating hours.
$ 74 676.27 – $ 89 200.55 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 28, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.