Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
SOLUTION ARCHITECT (C5598)
Deadline: September 13, 2021
This is an indeterminate contract position.
Reporting to the Director Architecture and Project Portfolio management, the incumbent serves as an expert in their field and a reference in terms of expertise for other team members including project managers. Concordia University is about to undertake multiples strategic discussions about the evolution of institutional IT asset: CRM evolution, evolution of the faculty management system and research, cloud strategy and implementation, identity and access management, etc. The new incumbent will be actively involved in some of these strategic initiatives as well as leading the planning phase for high visibility projects.
- Define target architecture and associated roadmap for institutional and core solutions
- Lead and develop project solution architecture documentation and support related development IT and non-IT activities
- Ensure coherent involvement of IT specialists (infrastructure, data, security, operation, functional) in the elaboration of the solution architecture
- Lead business cases (pre project) development including impact analysis and cost evaluation of the proposed options
- Support the project manager in the planification of the architecture activities included in the initiation, planning and execution phases
- Ensure that the solution meets quality criteria (availability, performance, cost, etc.) and align with Enterprise Architecture Framework
- Keep up to date with the relevant technologies and best practices relate to architecture
- Actively participate to the ecosystem governance committees by contributing to the project prioritization process, ecosystem architecture documentation, 5-year roadmap, etc.
- Contribute to the development of the enterprise architecture and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, including contributor coordination.
- Experience in designing, implementing solutions and their evolutions.
- Experience with on premise, SaaS and hybrid architectures.
- Knowledge of an architecture framework (ex. Archimate, Togaf, Zachman, 4+1 View, etc.), desirable.
- Overall experience in application, infrastructure, data, security, operation architecture.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365: Team, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical aspects, risks, challenges, and selling points of the solution.
- Ability to work well with other professionals and Subject Matter Experts (end users).
- Interest in strategic thinking/discussions and ability to see the “big picture”.
- Capacity to make decisions with high-level or partial information.
- Creative problem-solver with strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and customer service focus.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously and manage conflicting priorities.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 13, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.