Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GOODMAN INSTITUTE OF INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM - JOHN MOLSON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
MANAGER, GIIM PROGRAM (C1900)
Deadline: June 28, 2021
This posting represents a two year full-time contract.
Reporting to the Goodman Institute of Investment Management Program (GIIM) Program Director, the incumbent is responsible for the administration and delivery of the GIIM program. They provide guidance, monitors student progress throughout their program of study, and acts as liaison to internal and external clients including outside agencies.
- Manage the administrative and student services of the GIIM Program ensuring that the office and program run efficiently and effectively.
- Provide input on content and design of promotional materials for the GIIM program, in collaboration with the Graduate Recruitment team.
- Monitor the completion of student applications, in collaboration with the Graduate Recruitment team. Participate in admissions interviews with the Director.
- Plan, organize, schedule and undertake the registration of students, with the support of the Administrative Assistant.
- Plan and participate in student orientation sessions.
- Address student concerns and provide counselling when required. Direct students to the appropriate resources within the University. Liaise with other offices, as needed (International Students Office, Mental Health & Counselling, etc.)
- Manage the GIIM Coop program, in collaboration with the Institute of Cooperative Education.
- Prepare program scheduling and ensure Faculty contracts are processed, in collaboration with Director.
- Implement course and exam schedules once finalized, in collaboration with Faculty.
- Determine catering, equipment and logistical requirements for the effective delivery of the program. Monitor classroom technology to ensure that it is in good working condition for classes.
- Manage the program budget and ensure expenses are in line with allocation.
- Develop a yearly plan to include current and new event proposals that promote and foster the continuous participation of graduating students. Oversee events and ensure service excellence.
- Continuously improve the communication strategies/tools to reach current students and alumni, in collaboration with Communications Officer.
- Monitor GIIM operations in Toronto. Occasional travel to Toronto will be required.
- Hire, train, motivate, supervise and determine workload of office personnel.
- Represent GIIM on University committees and other external relevant working groups.
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business) and four to seven years related work experience in the administration of a graduate program of which at least one year in a supervisory role.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English in order to express ideas effectively and to communicate clearly in complex situation; Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French to communicate with local employers and suppliers.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of the Student Information System (SIS), an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals of diverse backgrounds. Experienced in dealing compassionately with individuals in difficult personal situations. Ability to identify students in crisis and connect them with appropriate resources.
- Strong planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both the member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours to attend events, as well as oversee evening and weekend classroom logistics as needed.
- Ability to travel to Toronto for events as needed (3-4 times per year).
- Familiar with the CFA Institute and investment management trends, an asset.
- Previous experience in curriculum redevelopment at the graduate level, an asset.
$83,292.00 - $96,594.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 28, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.