Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CAMPUS WELLNESS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
CASE MANAGER, CASE MANAGEMENT SERVICES (C5629)
Deadline: August 31, 2021
This posting represents a part-time position of 21 hours/week for the duration of one year.
Reporting to the Director, Campus Wellness and Support Services, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing and assessing a pilot project for the provision of case management services for Concordia students. They will be Concordia’s main administrative contact with Concordia’s community partner, Bartimaeus, and they will serve as Concordia’s primary resource for enquires about students with complex and persistent life conditions that might warrant specialized case management services.
- Oversee Concordia’s new case management pilot project with its partner, Bartimaeus Inc. Recommend process improvements and assist Concordia’s departments in fine-tuning their processes. Chair monthly stakeholder discussions on reviewing the program, lessons learned, and opportunities for improvement.
- Triage Concordia’s requests for case management services, approve requests for longer-term case management (on a case by case basis), and advise departments on the best course to pursue for students who are not a good fit for case management services.
- Act as the university's main administrative contact with Bartimaeus.
- Maintain a waitlist and develop and monitor a program for waitlisted students.
- Work with Bartimaeus to develop methods to assess client satisfaction of the program. Prepare quarterly reports with of trends, recommendations.
- Provide case management services for select students approved by the Director, Campus Wellness and Services, as needed. Maintain secure case files. Identify and assess a student’s needs, and provision of information, referral, advocacy, coordination, and monitor the student’s access to services from public, private and non-profit providers. Provide non-therapeutic counselling, as needed.
- Attend case management meetings, as needed.
- Other related duties as requested by the Director.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field, and at least five years of relevant work experience in triaging, case managing, and managing case management programs.
- Licensed member of OTSTCFQ (Ordre of Social Work, Family Therapists and Marriage Counsellors).
- Familiar with current research and best practices in providing support to youth with behavioral concerns or mental health concerns.
- Knowledge of a university environment and experience working in public health institution are assets.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals.
- Superior ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Approachability; sensitive and patient with others.
- Ability to remain composed when faced with a difficult situation.
- Ability to work outside of normal operating hours.
$88,467 -$105,667 per annum (prorated to hours worked)
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 31, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.