Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE TREASURER
ADVISOR, SUSTAINABILITY AND INVESTMENT (C5637)
Deadline: July 30, 2021
This posting represents a five year full-time contract position (renewable). Remote and on campus working are currently under consideration but the incumbent is expected to be able to do both.
Reporting to the Director, Investments, the incumbent acts as a strategic advisor with respect to emerging issues, trends, best practice standards and global commitments related to ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance), sustainability, corporate engagement. They contribute to the financial management of the University’s Investments portfolio and are key support to senior management and related committees with respect to the University’s investments portfolio.
- Support the development of policies and programs to facilitate the implementation of climate change and sustainability strategy, monitoring and reporting across asset classes, including private investments.
- Monitor legal and regulatory requirements around climate related disclosure and contribute to the development and implementation of impact measurement strategies.
- Support the Office of the Treasurer’s sustainability reporting and disclosures including the annual sustainability report and survey responses to ESG agencies.
- Perform financial quantification, analysis, stress-testing simulations for any concentration of risks and meeting risk, and return targets, front office trade execution or back office settlements for the Investment Portfolio in-house transactions as well as for the student academic investment programs.
- Provide financial identification, analysis, evaluation and recommendation of opportunities with respect to investments, asset allocations, investment policy designs, risk mitigation and the tactical asset policies.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of investment strategies, monitoring of the Portfolio’s investment managers and in-house investment strategies as well as the execution of the Portfolio’s integrated due diligence programs.
- Work with investment managers to access and report on their proxy voting activities.
- Represent the Office of the Treasurer with different sustainability groups / forums / roundtables.
- Perform other tasks in support of the unit.
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce or a field related to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of relevant experience in investments.
- Professional designation/certificate (C.F.A, C.A, SIPC, etc…), is highly desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of the investment industry.
- Strong familiarity with sustainable investment and approaches of ESG integration in underwriting and/or investing, ideally from industry experience.
- Experience with sustainability reporting, impact measurement and climate analytics including GHG emissions and management systems.
- Experience with corporate sustainability reporting frameworks including GRESB, SASB, TCFD, CDP, etc. and the relevant measurement.
- Experience with communicating with rating agencies such as Sustainalytics, MSCI, etc.
- Familiarity with public and private markets ESG landscape.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Access; good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Outlook and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, in conjunction with proven leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate planning processes, direct and manage projects within established deadlines and parameters.
- Ability to interpret complex situations and resolve conflicts with professionalism and discretion.
- Good understanding of computing and automation technologies and administrative and information systems.
- Experience with ESG integration within the investment process, proxy voting, and shareholders engagement are an asset.
- A comprehensive network within the Responsible Investing community is an asset.
$88,467– $105,667 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 30, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.